Social Aspects of Ecosystem Services
View information about our upcoming courses here
Using a combination of hands-on exercises, discussions and presentations, this training teaches the Ecosystem Services Review for Impact Assessment (ESR for IA), a method to assess project impacts on ecosystem services in ESIA that has been implemented by industries in different parts of the world.
This training not only increases participants’ methodological capacity, it helps them understand how addressing ecosystem services in ESIA complements environmental and social assessments routinely conducted as part of ESIA.
This course provides participants with:
- Context and rationale for addressing ecosystem services in ESIA
- Framework for assessing project impacts on ecosystem services
- Scoping toolkit for prioritizing ecosystem services
- Instructions for assessing project impacts on ecosystem services
- Principles for mitigating negative impacts and enhancing positive impacts on ecosystem services.
At the end of this two-day training, the participants are able to better address the social implications of negative environmental impacts and enhance the positive impacts as part of their ESIAs.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com